Our new Admissions procedure begins with a personal conversation with our Director of Admissions.
The Southport School (TSS) is thinking of everyone during this difficult time for our community with the coronavirus epidemic and wish you and your family the best in health and safety. Due to the school's indefinite closure status, we are unable to conduct in-person, on-site open houses, tours, or visits with you and your child. However, we still want to meet you -- just on the phone now.
As part of our "new" process, please take some time to read through our website, in specific the Admissions, About, Academics, and School Life sections to better acquaint yourself with our history, program, and student profile.
You can also begin to complete the online application. Once submitted, the Admissions Committee will review your child's application. If it's an appropriate fit, we will proceed to a telephone interview.
Again, thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this difficult time. We hope to hear from you soon.
Our phone conversations will include the following information:
- Discussion with Director of Admissions
- Learn about the students we serve
- Understand our approach and methods, and how we integrate them into every class
- Discussion of the campus layout: Academic Building & Arts, Music, and Movement Building
- Find out about our co-curricular activities, enrichment courses, athletics, fun school traditions, and school life
- Hear about our students transition process and schools they attend after TSS
- For reference, click here for our 2020-2021 Academic Calendar