COVID-19 School Updates
With the evolving situation of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its potential impact on our school and community, we have set up this website page for reference to our ongoing correspondence with TSS families and our greater community.
For a quick reference we have also included links to current information from the CDC, state and local authorities as well as resources for parents.
If you have questions, please contact the school at 203.254.2044. TSS parents should contact their child's advisor. Thank you.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 - Email #1
- Sunday, March 8, 2020 - Email #2
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - Email #3
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 - Email #4
- TSS Online Instructional Plan - posted March 14, 2020
- TSS FAQs - posted March 14, 2020
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 - Email #5
TSS & CoLAB Events & Happenings Update
The Universe is Yours! Annual Benefit Update
Due to the evolving pandemic of the coronavirus and its impact on our local communities, we have cancelled our annual Spring Benefit scheduled for Friday, March 27th at The Inn at Longshore in Westport. It is with an abundance of caution that we make this decision and are saddened to miss out on this wonderful gathering of our very tight-knit community. Please stay posted for a modified version of this event. In the meantime, thank you for your support and please stay safe and healthy. (as of March 12, 2020 correspondence)
The Southport CoLAB - Executive Functioning Presentation for Parents
The two-part series scheduled for Tuesdays, March 31 and April 7, is postponed. A new date will be communicated once finalized in the upcoming weeks.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus (CDC)
- Government Travel Notices (CDC)
- NPIs - Flu Prevention at Schools for Parents of K-12 Students (CDC)
State & Local Resources
- State Department Travel Notices
- Fairfield Health Department
- Fairfield Health Department | Instruction Video: Washing Hands
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus | Child Mind Institute
- Talking with Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, Teachers During Infection Disease Outbreaks (HHS)