Dress Code Information
It is our experience that when students follow a dress code and are neat, they have increased self-esteem, which affects their attitudes and approach to learning.
2018-2019 DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
Boys and Girls
Color Palette: Navy, White, and Gray
- Khaki, navy blue or charcoal gray “classic style” slacks
- Chino style
- Must be worn with a belt at the waist
- Neat and hemmed
- Socks of your choosing!
- Khaki, navy blue, charcoal gray Bermuda shorts are an option in August, September, October, and after April vacation.
- Shorts must come no higher than two inches above the top of the knee.
Shirts (logo optional):
- All SOLID: white, navy, light blue, gray
- Polo or button down (tie optional)
- Short or long sleeve
- All shirts must have a collar (any kind)
- Shirts must be tucked in
- White turtleneck under TSS fleece
- If a student chooses to wear a shirt under the polo shirt, it should not be visible unless it is a white undershirt that shows only at the collar.
- Under no circumstances should a long-sleeve shirt be worn under a short-sleeve polo shirt.
- All-weather mocs
- Loafers, Oxfords, Mary Janes
- Sneakers in SOLID colors: navy, white, gray, black sneakers (required on gym days)
- Dress boots may be worn from November 1st to April vacation, but must be changed to sneakers for gym. No Uggs.
- For safety reasons, no backless or open-toed shoes
Suggestions for Warmth/Layering:
- Dress-code approved fleeces (Logo required)
- Global School Wear
- Fairfield Sports Store
- Navy, gray, or black
- Knit sweaters
- Sweater Vests
- Navy blue blazer
(Optional) for Girls
- Skirts and Skorts:
- Khaki, navy blue or gray
- Must be the appropriate length (no higher that 3 inches above the center of the knee)
- Anything worn underneath for warmth should not appear below the hemline
- Solid jumper:
- Navy, khaki
- Polo dress:
- Light blue or navy
- Knee-highs or tights
- SOLID colors - navy, gray, light blue, or white
- Leggings are acceptable IF the socks match in color and cover the bottom of the sock
Global School Uniforms