Academic Summer Programs
Welcome to The Southport School's Summer Programs 2019!
It's well known that children can lose considerable momentum when they are away from school during the summer months. Many need ongoing remedial assistance and/or specific instruction in learning strategies and study skills to maintain their progress. The Summer Programs at The Southport School are designed to help. Students entering grades K-9 are immersed in integrated programs that are hands-on, dynamic, and fun.
We offer two-week and five-week programs. Both are morning-only and feature:
- Low student-teacher ratio
- Individualized instruction
- Multi-modal learning activities
The Southport School provides expert teaching staff with evidence-based remediation. All TSS teachers are trained in the following:
- Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Lindamood-Bell’s Visualizing & Verbalizing
- Executive Function Coaching
- Responsive Classroom
- Assistive Technology
- Skills Sharpener - Skills based program for students entering grades 1-5
- Get a Jump on Middle School - Learning strategies for students entering grades 5-6
- Adventures in Reading for students entering K-1
- Writing Skills Workshop
- Math Skills Workshop
- Study Skills Workshop
- Reading Strategies Workshop
For more information, please contact Samantha Berg, Director of Admissions, at 203.254.2044.